Welcome to Velo Pyrenees
Velo Pyrenees is for cyclists, runners and triathletes, run by athletes
for athletes of all abilities and those who enjoy the great
outdoors. The central Pyrenees is an amazing
area for running, road cycling and mountain biking. Triathletes and multi-sport athletes can take advantage of the high
swimming lakes and poolsin the area.
We aim to be flexible and can cater for individuals or small groups. We offer free advice, mechanical services and local information. We help with training advice and itineraries, providing routes and maps.
Our home and facilities have
been specially created for cyclists, runners and
triathletes in mind. Run by Julie and Lee - both keen and experienced athletes,
very active in sport and who will be very happy
to offer their help. We are happy to help plan or deliver your training sessions.
Why visit us?
We believe our home has the perfect location and set-up with a beautiful setting in the
Barousse valley, where you can depart on gentle gradients
to a great network of roads, running or MTB trails, famous cols and swimming lakes. We offer comfortable, spacious accommodation and provide high quality, healthy and wholesome home-cooked dinners that will ensure your energy levels are kept at maximum.
We are flexible, enthusiastic and offer our advice, routes and guidance for free. As we want to ensure that you get the most out of your trip, we can help you by offering our knowledge of the area, together with the following services;
- Maps with routes for walking, running or cycling;
- Free advice and planning for day or week itineraries;
- Help organise race and event entries;
- As a bike mechanic, Lee is on hand to help with any problems - we stock common bike spares;
- Optional prepared packed lunch and evening meals;
- With prior notice, we can cater for special dietary requirements such as vegetarian, gluten free and vegan diets;
- The services of a very good, French qualified professional masseur who has over 25 years practical experience in massage and physiotherapy.